The L.E.A.P. program is an outreach program that aims to help individuals improve themselves in four basic ways. Individuals who sign up for the L.E.A.P. program will Learn valuable parenting skills, will feel Empowered and Affirmed as parents, and will Progress to achieve their purpose in life. Individuals will be scheduled for L.E.A.P. classes at SGPC anytime from Monday through Thursday between 10:00am to 5:00pm. These classes are catered to your personal schedule, so we find a time for classes that works for you. Classes range from 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the topic. Class topics include:
- Fetal Development, Prenatal Nutrition, Dental Care during Pregnancy: learn how to care for yourself during pregnancy.
- Smoking, Alcohol, and Drugs during Pregnancy: get the encouragement and tools you need to quit smoking.
- Newborn Care: Learn how to bathe, diaper, and care for your newborn.
- Bottle vs. Breastfeeding: Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each feeding option to help you make an education choice for how to feed your newborn.
- Safe Sleep, Swaddling, SID/SUID, and Purple Crying: Create a safe environment for your baby, including hip healthy swaddling.
- Childhood Illness, First Aid, and Vaccination: Learn how to care for your child when they are sick as well as prevent illness.
- Postpartum Depression and Stress Management: Create a safety net plan to help reduce and manage your stress levels.
- Car Seat Safety, Childhood Safety, and Poison Control: Establish safety measures on the road and at home.
- Financial Management and the Realities of Parenting: Learn how to budget and set financial goals as well as learning what to expect as a new parent.
- Growth, Development, and Milestones: Learn the reasons behind certain baby behaviors as well as what developmental milestones to look for and when.
- Personality, Love Language, and Relationships: Learn what a healthy relationship looks like and how to express yourself in a healthy way.